1. Gentle Joy

Beautiful table and china and table coverings….. fun story. Glad you’re in the air conditioning and enjoy that sweet tea. 🙂 Thank you for posting this humorous story.

2. loryrb

Ha ha, I laughed at your story, but I’m happy to talk about your setting. There’s so much eye candy here. First of all, the roses are spectacular! Love the mercury glass candle holders, the wafted off petals, the textures of the white pitcher and tablecloth and, even better, the floral cloth. Just lovely! But then again, I’m sitting in my air conditioned den… 😉

3. Jennie

This just made my day. Here in Chicagoland we have some humid days in the summer, but I just got back from Chattanooga where I learned a new meaning for humid. Your table, by the way, is pretty and the roses are stunning.

4. Bev

Lovely vignette…the plates are so pretty. By all means, don’t put the candles out…you can only burn your bangs just so many times!

5. Wanda @WeekendWanderlust.co

I’m surprised the roses didn’t wilt the way you are talking, but I have not lived in the south. Loved the commentary, on your hair spray ritual, oh the things we do for great hair. A really awesome wig is one of my quick fix solution for my fine, thin hair. Hair spray just won’t do it. BTW your vignette is gorgeous and the pics are incredible.

Thanks Wanda! The roses have been “living” indoors except for photographing. Unfortunately they didn’t come from my yard so I don’t think they would be happy outside for long. Thanks for coming by!

6. Liz @ Infuse With Liz

You are funny! Those roses are gorgeous! I saw a lady’s sweater catch fire at a party because the napkin she was holding under her plate made contact with a candle when she was getting food at a buffet! Needless to say the candles were removed quickly! Burnt hair smells so bad- good thing you didn’t loose more hair! I try to keep my hair nice and full too but in humid weather it seems like a loosing battle.

7. Night Table | justjanblog

[…] Old brass candelabra lit up along with gold candleholders.  Don’t light candles with a lot of hairspray, you never know what will happen or be very careful.  Poof went my bangs!  You can read about my experience here. […]