1. Stacey

Absolutely stunning! The hydrangeas look so pretty with your wall color. I love all of your florals…I’ll probably keep saying that. 🙂

2. Liz @ Infuse With Liz

I love the flower in the “flour” container! I’ve dried a lot of hydrangeas and they seem to do best if you wait to see them starting to change to where they start looking papery- a bit of browning. If they’re too new they tend to just shrivel.

Thanks Kristina! They are pretty to decorate with. I use them throughout the year. I still have last years but will throw them out when these are dried. You can show them off in almost any container.

3. Melanie

Hi, I just happened to come across your blog and I have had really good luck with preserving my hydrangeas by spraying them with hairspray. I wait until late summer and then cut them and just simply spray them. I leave them outside a few minutes to dry then I bring them in and decorate away. It has worked well for me, just thought I would pass it along.

4. Lory at Designthusiasm.com

This are gorgeous! Love them against your floral backdrop and especially love them in the blue and white flour canister. Just delightful!! I would give them as much water as possible. They’re so hard to keep fresh.

5. Gigi Harlan

Gorgeous photographs! Every inch of your hydrangea displays look beautiful and inviting. I love the flour vase! Please share your drying experience.

Gigi @ Old World Patina

Thanks Gigi! I have cut those that you saw on the mantel. I put a little water in each glass and most of the glasses are dry now. So far so good on those on the mantel. We have had a lot of rain and I have some blue ones that are turning white on the bush sadly. Other blue ones are turning green, I will watch them and wait on a little rose/crimson to come on them and probably try cutting them then to dry. Wish me luck!

6. Kathleen

I cut mine all summer long, then when it get close to fall I WAIT for the rest of them on the bushes to start turning dry and then I cut them. That way they’re nearly dried already. I have a ton all around my house all the time! I’m a hydrangea nut! Yours are gorgeous and I especially love the arrangement in the “flour” canister!
    Kathleen
    Charm Bracelet Diva {at Home}

Thanks Kathleen! I have cut my blue ones for vignettes and they always wilt away during the summer. If I let mine dry too much I have too much brown so I thought if I cut them when they get a bit of a wine on the edges that would work. Do you live in the south?