1. Susan

Thanks so much for posting this! Yes I do remember Kitty. I love her decorating style. To some it may seem a bit dated but to me it is warm and comforting and everything a home should be.

Big Texas Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

2. Patty

I always loved watching Kitty on the Home show and then on HGTV. I enjoyed all of her project and wish they would bring her back. Not everyone can afford to go out and buy brand new but she always showed us things we could do that wouldn’t cost a mortgage payment. Too bad HGTV doesn’t realize what viewers want. Thank you so much for sharing.

Thanks for coming by Patty. I agree, I do think that ‘Madison Avenue’ is over looking a significant crowd of people that are drawn to the colors and look we enjoyed on her show.

3. Christine @ Rustic & Refined

Ohhhh I used to love to watch her show! Her voice was always so cheerful and encouraging. She is the one who inspired my first living room. Newly married, and we had no money. But we did have 15 fruit crates made out of wood….so I made my first TV stand by laying the stands on their sides and stacking them in odd numbers. Ohh I miss her! Thank you so much for sharing this. I’m gonna go check youtube and see if anyone has uploaded her videos so I can reminisce!…LOL

4. Mary Feguson

I loved Kitties style and loved her show on HGTV. To bad that all the show is House Hunters. I am so sick of that I hardly ever watch their sow anymore.
    Love Kitty’s style – wonder what happened to her. Thanks so much.

Mary ~ I miss her so much as well. She has such great style and is so down to earth. Maybe enough of us bloggers can get together and track her down!

5. Shenita

Jan, thanks so much for sharing this! I sooo miss the HGTV shows that they used to have on “Design Time Saturday Night”. Her show was so great; and I loved all of the cozy rooms that she designed. She has such great tips! This was a wonderful reminder.

Thanks Shenita. I feel like I gained so much knowledge during those early years of HGTV. So many rules and tips they would give out. Kitty was the queen!

6. Vicki Crowe

Thank you for sharing this! I have this book and have enjoyed it for years . I really wish Kitty would come back and show us her current style and help us girls out again! I love a lot of bloggers style out there, but Kitty was our “first” love, lol!

7. Tamara

Hi .
    What pretty colors. And all the added extra touches are so lovely. How is it that I have never heard of her? Oh my. Thank you for sharing and nice to meet you!
    Blessings,
    Tamara

Hi Tamara! Kitty was around in the 90’s. She was on HGTV for many years along with other great shows they had then. It was a totally different network then. So glad you came by!

8. Mary Barber

I was just thinking about Kitty Bartholomew the other day. Interesting you should feature her book today. I loved watching her and others such as Christopher Lowell and Lynette Jennings. I don’t have Kitty’s book but I still have one of Christopher’s books. I agree with most others that we miss those shows and are tired of the ones they have on today. They just are not creative and interesting…..

9. liz

Kitty was absolutely wonderful!!! I decorated a previous home in her style, and everyone always commented on how warm & welcoming it was. Oh how I wish HGTV would have one day a week where they aired all of their old programs – the decorating & gardening shows were so enjoyable to watch.

10. sheila sasala

I agree with the others- we really miss those kind of shows on HGTV. I LOVED Kitty, Chris and others who showed us beautiful. homey ways to dress our homes and our gardens. Please, please HGTV – bring back this type of programming so many of us loved and miss!

11. Jane@Bluebird1959

Loved, loved, loved Kitty B and miss her, along with a few other shows from when HGTV actually had decorating shows on. Kitty had great style! Thanks so much for the trip down memory lane. I think color will be back! Jane

12. Sally Inman

We are building a house and I prided myself when we built this one 31 years ago that there was not one pinch of beige in it. The smaller home we are building now has a lot of light and the “model home” it is based on, had white walls etc. My friends could not understand how I could tolerate the white walls. I said “they are not going to stay that way for long”. I read and re-read Kitty’s book and still love many of her ideas and was looking at it tonight and made me wonder where she is living. The new shows are so repetitious and nobody would consider a home without granite countertops, hardwood floors and stainless steel appliances. And of course WHITE. And of course they have no vision on how to make it their own without the latest fad.