Thank you Bobbi! I know it must be hard to have moved away from the familiar but I am sure there are lots of new plants to enjoy that we can’t down here.

1. Joan

Such a lovely table. Coconut cake is a perfect compliment to the various shades of purple. Your pictures are always a treat to view and view again. Have a lovely day.

Thank you Angelina! I have a few pieces of transferware but got stuck because I couldn’t decide which color I wanted to go with. Love them all!

2. FABBY

Amazing photography and great color hues for your mixed match dishes. The wisteria is lovely and the scent it has is wonderful too.
    The cake looks yummy !!.
    Hugs,
    FABBY

Thank you Fabby! I have to confess the coconut cake was frozen but I needed something that could sit out and not go stale on me. It worked!

3. Judy Biggerstaff

So stunning Jan. Every image is just beautiful with the wisteria and silver trays and pitchers. Your white table dishes were a good choice and the salad plates are stunning. Love your design.

4. Liz @ Infuse With Liz

So beautiful Jan. Such a classic southern romantic look. The china is beautiful and perfect for this romantic look. That cake looks and sounds delicious! I love how the silver looks with the soft purple tones- I want to do a purple tablescape soon but don’t own any silver pieces. Perhaps it’s time for a thrift store visit!

5. janetlea62

Thanks Liz! Oh yes, you can find anything at them. I have to go out of town unfortunately to find great deals. I find that purple can be tricky to work with, especially with silver. It can end up looking cold, that’s happened twice to me.

Jan,
    This combination is something straight from a magazine shoot. The colors….are stunning.
    Tell me if you don’t mind the lighting system and camera that you use.
    Gorgeous!!

Thank you for sharing this with us at Thoughts Of Home On Thursday!

Thank you Joyce! This is my first camera. I do have cell phone photos that I have used on the blog as well. The cell can be a little more tricky according to the light. I find my camera can be too light at times but that works to my advantage with this tablescape’s look. For instance my purples can be blue so I have to take repeated shots in different times of the day to get it right. It’s a Canon Power Shot, not a big fancy, expensive one which is fine for me. I only have the sun for lighting, I am not technical at all. I just watch and wait for the light to be right, sometimes it’s as simple as tilting your camera up or down and it will take in more or less light. I start trying looks in the morning and if the light isn’t right I stop and try again later in the day. Actually for a post with a tablescape I find outside on my back porch that is facing south is the ideal spot for me to take photos. Inside is much harder for me to get right, we have two porches, and that dictates alot! I hope that helps some!

7. Sandi magle

Just exquisite pictures, Jann. I love wisteria, and have sadly killed three here, in Chicagoland. So I have given up–but they are glorius, dreamy and I used them extensively in my shop when I had it as spring/summer dressing. Love this post —so well, exquisite.

Thank you so much Sandi! I know different regions have different ‘glories’ to them. We have such hot summers that a lot of flowers don’t make it here.

Wisteria is one my favorites. I had both a tree and a vine at my previous home. Hoping to find a place to plant one here soon. I just returned from a 2 week vacation in the Carolinas where it is growing wild along roadsides. Beautiful mixture of plates! Thanks for sharing with SYC.

9. Meg | Hello Farmhouse

This is so beautiful! There is something so ethereal about wisteria… My favorite is how you have it paired with that gorgeous purple transferware. So pretty!