1. Judith L

Best of luck! I don’t care for the “chippy” look or chalk paint on wood either. There is nothing like beautiful wood finishes that will remain beautiful for many years. What’s “in” today will change in no time. I hope someone someday comes up with a good way to undo all the damage people are doing with chalk paint today!

2. Cindy

It is going to be pretty I am sure! I am thinking about redoing my dining table with paint but don’t have the GUTS to try it! Visiting from Jemma’s blog today. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

3. Eilis

I will be very interested to see the color you end up with. I have several pieces of pine furniture exactly the color of your table. I never thought of stripping them and changing the color. I just assumed the orange tone would come through again.

I agree with you Ellis. It has lived with us for so many years and I didn’t like the orange tone. We did do the coffee table a while back. Well, we did the coffee table top. It was sanded down and the color was much lighter and I liked the color. It was less orange which will be nice if that’s all it changes.

I could hardly think about the table because I was drooling over that green dresser and mirror. lol! I think by the time you get it to where you want it you will know exactly what you want to do. Thanks for sharing with SYC.

5. Sylvia D.

Jan, Maybe the chalk paint will be easier to remove 20 years from now that the finish on your table. Slow and sure wins the race. I will keep an eye out for your final selection. I’m sure it will be great. Sylvia D.

Thanks Sylvia! My mister has another big project up and going so I am trying to do this on my own. That said I don’t know much about refinishing furniture. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

6. Stacey

It’s been a few days since you wrote this post…how’s it going with the table? I bought a table that I was trying to sand and the finish was kind of balling up. My dad said it was because it had been finished with oil based paint. I bet the finish on yours was oil based too. It will be pretty…I have no doubt. 🙂

Happy TOHOT. 😉

Stacey, I believe your father is correct! I am ready to divorce my table, I didn’t know how hard dealing with that oil on it would be.