1. Carol

I totally agree. I like painted furniture but also love the patina of beautiful wood. I did grow up with dark wood and it does make me comfy and happy to sit in my living room with a mix of dark and lights.

2. Nellie

Hi Jann,
    These are a lot of beautiful pictures for sure. I know that I am happy that wood is in this year. I love the painted furniture it is so pretty, but just don’t have the
    courage to mess up a perfectly beautiful pc. of wood furniture for a trend…………no matter how great it looks. Now my bedroom set has an oak stain, and I
    think I might try painting just the drawers white……..that is because I wish I would have gotten a white bedroom set to begin with……….lol
    Have wanted to do it for a long time, but now I will sort of be forced into it because we bought a new bed that is white……….so now I have to make it look
    right in there…………lol…..That sort of holds my feet to the fire I would say. lol
    Men are wood crazy and most can not bear the thought of you painting it anyway. and best of all just like I figured…. wood has made a comeback. Great
    for us non- painted furniture Chickens.lol
    Thanks for sharing all these lovely pics, makes you feel like real wood is really something to behold. again!!

Have a great week.
    Blessings, Nellie

3. janetlea62

I know your bedroom is looking pretty with your new white bed. You just have lots of fun with painting those drawers white, I bet you will be so happy with the results. White beds are very pretty and you will enjoy that for many years to come.

I really don’t have any wonderful wood pieces in my home, but I love it! Some vintage pieces just need to not be painted. Thanks for sharing with SYC.

5. Lori

I like the look of the “real wood” colour of furniture as it usually tends to be a neutral and colour can come from the accessories you put on or around it. Great inspirational pictures!

6. Eilis

Beautiful photos! I just paint wood when it is very damaged. I could never paint a piece in good or fixable condition. Like you, I have some pine furniture. It may not be all over Pinterest, but I still love it. In fact, just this week, I found a Lane pine end table (on eBay) to match the one we have had for 28 years. I was thrilled to buy it.

Lucky you! That is a one of a kind deal to come across to find a matching one after all those years. I am seeing a lot more pine lately. I don’t know if it’s because we are working on the pine table and I had been looking at ideas or if it is gaining popularity with the younger ones. It seems like it is paired with black a lot too when I see it. Thank you so much for the visit!

7. 1929charmer

I love all the browns and the richness and coziness it brings to a room. I’ve painted some furniture but on the whole like the natural wood tone come through. Love the white wood room with the mirror…

Jan,
    Thank you for sharing the rich essence of tradition with us and the love for real honest to good rich wood.
    I have a lovely pine bed, dresser and night stand, that my husband begged me to paint and I would not!
    Great to have you at TOHOT!
    Today is the garden party link up too, please join us if you can!

9. Jeanne Smith

I agree that it is a shame when lovely furniture is ruined by painting. I’ve seen horrible incidents where a gorgeous piece is turned into something that looks like something you could find at one of those inexpensive furniture stores.My mother loved green. I’ll always have some in my house.,probably in upholstered pieces or wallpaper. I’m grateful for my mother’s design sense. She decorated as she saw fit. This included hanging a Maderia table cloth on the wall so all could enjoy it. Our dining table was wrought iron and glass (supposed to be on a patio.) And this table was in a formal room and looked perfectly in place. Anyway, thanks for saying what I’ve been saying for a long time

Thanks Jeanne for your comments. I don’t enjoy the junkyard look of some of the furniture seen now. Some of it is horrid and I hope the owners can find a way to bring it back to an attractive piece. It’s a trend and it will go away like the other ones. Your mother sounds like she had her own sense of style and isn’t that wonderful!