1. Pam Richardson

Jan, love the vintage cloth…and the Rose of Sharon is a perfect pairing! I am sorry about your vase, but a lesson was learned, you said! I love figs, what are you going to make with them? Blessings

Thanks Pam. I am going to eat them off the bush! When we lived in South Carolina and I was a kid our neighbor had a fig bush and I would raid it regularly. I don’t think I have eaten one as is since then. I can’t wait!

2. the Painted Apron

Your table is stunning with all the pink and green Jan, but I am shocked that tape lifted the color off that vase! I would have taken it back! You could try to fix it by mixing yellow and green glass paint until you have the right shade, and paint in on in a thin transparent layer and at least make it less noticeable…of course with your beautiful arrangement you don’t see it at all!
    Jenna

Thanks Jenna! You really can’t tell it unless I lay it down with nothing in it. I don’t remember now where I found it. It will only be displayed with flowers in it and then you can’t tell it. No biggie for me but wanted to warn others! Thanks for the tips.

3. Cindy

Oh I adore this beautiful setting. The flowers are so pretty. I wish I liked figs because they look good. Visiting from Share your thoughts today. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

I feel like the tape should not have removed the color from the vase either and it is such a lovely shade of green.
    Thank you for the tip on washing the vases, I think that is so important. I do that for my potted plants as well, quite a bit of work but well worth it for healthy plants.
    Beautiful Jan!

Thanks Jemma. It’s done now and you really can’t see it when I have flowers in it. I still love the vase, imperfections and all. It has a story to tell now! Haha! Yes, have to wash out that bacteria so the next flowers/plants get a clean start.

5. Sandi magle

Jiminey, my Tree Rose of Sharon barely has leaves…blossoms won’t come for a month or more.

Gorgeous pictures here of the texture and color—and love the cloth they go so well with. As always…superb photos…and Ambiance…makes my heart sing! Sandi

6. lauraingallsgunn

I have never seen Rose of Sharon in real life but your gorgeous pictures are the next best thing!Thank you for so faithfully joining us at Thoughts of Home on Thursday. You are a treasured blogging friend.

Oh my, you are the queen of tablescapes! Can’t believe how well the dishes match the rose of Sharon blooms. I have purple and white ones, but they will not bloom until July. Too bad about your vase. Tape will do that to glass. Thanks for sharing with SYC.