1. Carole Prisk

I’m with you. All that white has been making me snowblind. Give me a garden of color and some personality in a house , warm it up , baby! The operating room look is so yesterday.

Carole, I feel so relieved to see a room decorated this well that I just want to lay down. It’s been a long time coming…but I don’t have to sing the blues anymore over it!

It is exciting, Lynda! I am with you, when and where can we buy this? Right now I think it is only available through a designer. But they are paying attention!

2. Angelina @ Peonies & Orange Blossoms

Well, as it turns out I like the all white look but also the colorful patterned look. I personally decorate in the colorful patterned look… I never “bought in” to the greige/grey/white/beige trend, although I like it in pictures, I am happy to see color added back!

Color is always a good thang! Seriously though, it is important for there to be variety so we can all feel good about our choices for our homes. It’s like clothes to me, we all dress differently and look our best in different colors and styles.

3. Judith L

Yay! They’re finally coming to their senses! I never gave up and never gave in to the white/beige look. Hurrah for flowers and for color!

4. bobbi duncan

I have been waiting five years to reupholster many pieces of furniture that are in dire need of it just because I didn’t want to cave to the new trends, so I am thrilled to know there is light at the end of a too long tunnel! It is unfair that fabric houses don’t cater to all, You would think they’d make more money, having more interested buyers. I can’t tell you the number of sales people that have tried to convince me I should update from classic styles to the transitional and, most times, uninteresting and every house looks about the same style. I would just smile and tell them that classic, when done right, never goes out of style….after all, it’s the only style that has been around for hundreds of years. Bring on the floral chintz, Victorian era golf and fox hunt fabrics……

5. Sandi magle

I did chuckle a bit at Houget’s pedeigree when I browsed the ADigest article. Just a Rothschild—detail. Snort—of course she can do what she wants.

If you love color—-go for it. I must admit though when an all ‘beige’ lady use to walk into the store and to the floral desk, I did cringe, knowing that we would have the ‘green’ is a neutral discussion in the designing of her floral arrangements. Grins…Viva la Color! And patterns, layer them on —can’t have too much color or pattern in my opinion. Grins, Sandi ooops and TEXTURE! even MORE!

Great point Sandi! That shows just how wonderful it is! She can do what she wants and look at what she chose to live with. Many ‘established’ homes live with a love for flair and romance. Oh my, I bet you have a lot of interesting stories from the store. People can be so interesting.

6. Joan

So happy to hear that the colorful traditional look is coming back. As I sit in a room full of reds, blues, gold , and greens. Your blog is what has always held out hope for me that there are others with my love of rich color, florals and plaids. Rooms full of life and personality.

Thank you Joan! I know exactly how you feel. That’s why I started blogging, I just wasn’t finding the pretty anymore. Honestly it make me very sad and a little irritated.

7. Jennelise

I have always loved florals and known that I could never live in a monochromatic house. I like a cozier feeling! Love your post!
    Jennelise xo

Thanks Robbyn Mendleski! l am on Instagram as well. There are some folks showing pattern and color on there. If you check some of the ones I follow, you won’t be disappointed.

8. Chloe Crabtree

Those rooms are lovely. I tend toward a simpler look, but I have been fortunate to visit The Greenbrier in White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia. I don’t know if you are familiar with the decor of Dorothy Draper, but she combined such beautiful patterns and florals, I love her design and am glad to see some of that coming back. Thanks for sharing over at Celebrate Your Story! I am always happy to see what you have to share!

Thanks Chloe! I am familiar with Dorothy Draper’s work. Love it as well as others like Charlotte Moss, Charles Faudree and Mario Buatta. I guess I am a traditional floral woman at heart and so far not able to move on to other looks.

9. artandsand

I’ve always been out of style because I love color. I have a lot more white these days – white walls – but I must have color.

Thanks for sharing with SYC.

10. Pondside

My style goes in and out of vogue, so though it’s nice to know that I’ll have choice again, my look will evolve, but it won’t change. I have always loved colour and floral patterns. I love the room you’ve shown/

11. Vikki

I so agree with you. I know different generations want different things, but I can’t understand why someone would want their home to look like a corporate reception area!!? And the new kitchens all look alike–stark, cold, and like an institution’s kitchen. Bring back the character and individuality. Yay!!!