1. Nuala Raftery

Thank you for this post. I had begin to believe I was the only person left who did not worship at the white/greige shrine. To me

2. Nuala Raftery

Sorry that sent before I finished. I find those interiors drab and lifeless. Are those people afraid that using color Will expose their taste and that it will be ridiculed? The so-called Farmhouse Style it’s the most extraordinary. I’ve never been in a farmhouse that had all white decor and old signs like “Market” over the sink or stove. Whatever happened to colorful quilts?

3. Belle Bleu Interiors

Jan, I love this post. I adore red, and I adore color. Red is such an elegant and warm color. I use it in my home. I have felt out of style for so long, because I just can’t give into the white and grey trend. However, I am a firm believer in decorating with what you love, not what is in style. I hope that you have a wonderful day!!!

Thanks Shannon! No you know what you love and decorate with it. You have a lovely home. I love all the blue you use throughout. We are just girls that love color and know it works for us!

4. K.Rupp

HAHA! I never switched my red and gold out from early 2000’s because I liked it so much! I guess I wasn’t on trend for a good 15 years but now it’s back… so hey! Good Grief! Can’t keep up with it and don’t really want to!!! It is expensive to change design in the first place and within the next couple of years the trends will change again. I try to keep it classic and traditional. That is the only way I can get my money’s worth out of design and stay sane without changing everything every 2 years. My house may look “OLD LADY STYLE” but I like it..hehe. That is what matters right? I am the one living there and it’s less work in the long run. Thanks for the post, it is a great one! Saw it at amaze me monday party. I love your site, I think it is the first time I am here.

Thank you so much! I completely understand where you are coming from. I guess I have stepped into offical old ladydom (my take on kingdom!). But I was thinking about these shows where the adult children do makeovers on the senior parents’ homes. I would be so angry to come home to their taste! Oh well, it all comes around. It’s one big circle. Thank you for visiting and commenting!

5. Iris

I really don’t enjoy looking at photos of rooms that look like they were taken in black and white as opposed to color. I do use neutrals in my own home but as a backdrop for more colorful furniture and art. I’ve had many colorful walls over the years but currently use an off white. My house is a mid-century modern with walls of windows, wood beams and a huge red brick wall. The small amount of drywall that shows needs very neutral to let the other features stand out. I am currently trying to renovate 2 small bathrooms and having a very hard time trying to find affordable fixtures and tile without resorting to gray. Thanks for the beautiful photos..

Iris, I know your home must be beautiful with all that natural light! And your beloved art and furniture must show wonderfully. Good luck with your bathrooms, I haven’t had to deal with that in a long while.

6. Jaybird

Yaaayyyy I am so thankful that there are “red” folks out here to visit with. Actually I just like COLOR!!!!! I am thoroughly sick of white, chippy, burlappy, neutral JUNK . I think it is high time that classic, traditional design is in the spotlight along with the pretty colors! Thank you for this wonderful commentary!!, and I think the last picture is the prettiest!! ;^)
    Blessings and Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!
    J

Hey Jaybird! We color lovers have to band together! Oh yes, that last photo should be on the cover of a magazine, Haha! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgving!